CE Certification Agricultural Wide Angle Tractor Factory Supply 6 Spline 540 Pto Drive Shaft for Bush Hog with Yoke Adapter Parts
PTO drive shaft
Brand New Replacement PTO shaft for Finish Mowers, Tillers, Spreaders, Hay Tedders and many more applications.
PTO is a series 4, rated for 40HP it has 1-3/8″ 6 spline push pin on both ends for easy installment. Complete with safety shield, The PTO measures 43″ from end to end and has an 58″ maximum extended length.
These PTO shafts fit the following Finish Mowers:
Bush Hog: ATH 600 and ATH 720, ATH 900, FTH 480, FTH 600, FTH 720, MTH 600, MTH 720 Series Mowers;
Landpride: FDR1548, FDR1560, FDR1572, FDR1648, FDR1660, FDR1672, FDR2548, FDR2560, FDR2572, AT2660, AT2672 Series Mowers;
Kubota: BL348A, B342A; Caroni TC480, TC590, TC710, TC910 with spline Input Shaft;
Ever-power most late models with splined input shafts, early models had some with smooth input shaft;
1. PTO Drive Shafts
PTO SHAFT WITH QUICK RELEASE YOKES AND OVER-RUNNING CLUTCH(RA), YOU CAN CHOOSE THE LENGTH
Chinabase is a professional manufacturer of PTO SHAFTS for farm machines and agricultural tractors from China. We provide more than 8 sizes of PTO shafts. There is also a full range of safety devices for agricultural applications. Our products are sold to America, Europe and all over the world. We will supply best quality products in most reasonable price.
Following are the tips how to order your PTO shafts:
2. Closed overall length (or cross to cross) of a PTO shaft.
3. Tubes or Pipes
We’ve already got Triangular profile tube and Lemon profile tube for all the series we provide.
And we have some star tube, splined tube and other profile tubes but only for a certain sizes.
4. End yokes
We’ve got 13 types of splined yokes and 8 types of plain bore yokes. I will suggest the usual type for your reference.
You can also send drawings or pictures to us if you cannot find your item in our catalog.
5. Safety devices or clutches
I will attach the details of safety devices for your reference. We’ve already have Free wheel (RA), Ratchet torque limiter(SA),
Shear bolt torque limiter(SB), 3types of friction torque limiter (FF,FFS,FCS) and overrunning couplers(adapters) (FAS).
6. For any other more special requirements with plastic guard, connection method, color of painting, package, etc., please feel free to let me know.
|Spline tube||Lemon tube|
|Star tube||Trigonal tube|
Function of PTO Shaft
Drive Shaft Parts & Power Transmission
Usage of PTO Shaft
Kinds of Tractors & Farm Implements
Yoke Types for PTO Shaft
Double push pin, Bolt pins, Split pins, Pushpin, Quick release, Ball attachment, Collar…..
Processing Of Yoke
PTO Shaft Plastic Cover
YW; BW; YS; BS; Etc
Colors of PTO Shaft
Green; Orange; Yellow; Black Ect.
PTO Shaft Series
T1-T10; L1-L6;S6-S10;10HP-150HP with SA,RA,SB,SFF,WA,CV Etc
Tube Types for PTO Shaft
Lemon, Triangular, Star, Square, Hexangular, Spline, Special Ect
Processing Of Tube
Spline Types for PTO Shaft
1 1/8″ Z6;1 3/8″ Z6; 1 3/8″ Z21 ;1 3/4″ Z20; 1 3/4″ Z6; 8-38*32*6 8-42*36*7; 8-48*42*8;
Our factory is a leading manufacturer of PTO shaft yoke and universal joint.
We manufacture high quality PTO yokes for various vehicles, construction machinery and equipment. All products are constructed with rotating lighter.
We are currently exporting our products throughout the world, especially to North America, South America, Europe, and Russia. If you are interested in any item, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are looking CHINAMFG to becoming your suppliers in the near future.
Packaging & Shipping
You can click the picture to learn about relevant products
PTO SHAFT INSTALLATION INSTRUCTION
1 press-fit plastic pipe and plastic cap,
2 fill the groove on the CHINAMFG with oil
3. Slide the nylon bearing into the groove 4. Align nylon bearing and plastic protective cover
1. remove the nylon bearing clamp (three places) with a screwdriver, and then separate the steel pipe and plastic protective cover.
2. Take off the nylon bearing from the groove of the yokes.
3. repeat the above-mentioned steps for the other side.
SHORTENING THE PTO DRIVESHAFT
1. Remove the safety shield.
2. Shorten the inner and outer tubes according to the required length, and the inner and outer tubes shall be shortened by the same length at 1 time
3. Deburr edges of the drive tubes with a file and remove all filings from the tubes.
4. Shorten the inner and outer plastic pipes according to the required length, and the inner and outer plastic pipes shall be
shortened by the same length at 1 time.
5. Grease the internal drive tubes and reassemble them with a safety shield.
Check the minimum and maximum length of the driveshaft installed on the machine. In working condition, the drive tubes should overlap 2/3 length and the plastic tube should never be separated
|Stiffness & Flexibility:||Flexible Shaft|
|Journal Diameter Dimensional Accuracy:||IT6-IT9|
|Axis Shape:||Straight Shaft|
|Shaft Shape:||Real Axis|
How do PTO shafts handle variations in length and connection methods?
PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts are designed to handle variations in length and connection methods to accommodate different equipment setups and ensure efficient power transfer. PTO shafts need to be adjustable in length to bridge the distance between the power source and the driven machinery. Additionally, they must provide versatile connection methods to connect to a wide range of equipment. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts handle variations in length and connection methods:
1. Telescoping Design: PTO shafts often feature a telescoping design, allowing them to be adjusted in length to suit different equipment configurations. The telescoping feature enables the shaft to extend or retract, accommodating varying distances between the power source (such as a tractor or engine) and the driven machinery. By adjusting the length of the PTO shaft, it can be properly aligned and connected to ensure optimal power transfer. Telescoping PTO shafts typically consist of multiple tubular sections that slide into one another, providing flexibility in length adjustment.
2. Splined Shafts: PTO shafts commonly employ splined shafts as the primary connection method between the power source and driven machinery. Splines are a series of ridges or grooves along the shaft that interlock with corresponding grooves in the mating component. The splined connection allows for torque transfer while maintaining alignment between the power source and driven machinery. Splined shafts can handle variations in length by extending or retracting the telescoping sections while still maintaining a solid connection between the power source and the driven equipment.
3. Adjustable Sliding Yokes: PTO shafts typically feature adjustable sliding yokes on one or both ends of the shaft. These yokes allow for angular adjustment, accommodating variations in the alignment between the power source and driven machinery. The sliding yokes can be moved along the splined shaft to achieve the desired angle and maintain proper alignment. This flexibility ensures that the PTO shaft can handle length variations while ensuring efficient power transfer without placing excessive strain on the universal joints or other components.
4. Universal Joints: Universal joints are integral components of PTO shafts that allow for angular misalignment between the power source and driven machinery. They consist of a cross-shaped yoke with bearings that transmit torque between connected shafts while accommodating misalignment. Universal joints provide flexibility in connecting PTO shafts to equipment that may not be perfectly aligned. As the PTO shaft length varies, the universal joints compensate for the changes in angle, allowing for smooth power transmission even when there are variations in length or misalignment between the power source and driven machinery.
5. Coupling Mechanisms: PTO shafts utilize various coupling mechanisms to securely connect to the power source and driven machinery. These mechanisms often involve a combination of splines, bolts, locking pins, or quick-release mechanisms. The coupling methods can vary depending on the specific equipment and industry requirements. The versatility of PTO shafts allows for the use of different coupling methods, ensuring a reliable and secure connection regardless of the length variation or equipment configuration.
6. Customization Options: PTO shafts can be customized to handle specific length variations and connection methods. Manufacturers offer options to select different lengths of telescoping sections to match the specific distance between the power source and driven machinery. Additionally, PTO shafts can be tailored to accommodate various connection methods through the selection of splined shaft sizes, yoke designs, and coupling mechanisms. This customization enables PTO shafts to meet the specific requirements of different equipment setups, ensuring optimal power transfer and compatibility.
7. Safety Considerations: When handling variations in length and connection methods, it is essential to consider safety. PTO shafts incorporate protective guards and shields to prevent accidental contact with rotating components. These safety measures must be appropriately adjusted and installed to provide adequate coverage and protection, regardless of the PTO shaft’s length or connection configuration. Safety guidelines and regulations should be followed to ensure the proper installation, adjustment, and use of PTO shafts in order to prevent accidents or injuries.
By incorporating telescoping designs, splined shafts, adjustable sliding yokes, universal joints, and versatile coupling mechanisms, PTO shafts can handle variations in length and connection methods. The flexibility of PTO shafts allows them to adapt to different equipment setups, ensuring efficient power transfer while maintaining alignment and safety.
How do PTO shafts contribute to the efficiency of agricultural operations?
Power Take-Off (PTO) shafts play a crucial role in improving the efficiency of agricultural operations by providing a versatile and reliable power source for various farming equipment. PTO shafts allow agricultural machinery to access power from tractors or other prime movers, enabling the efficient transfer of energy to perform a wide range of tasks. Here’s a detailed explanation of how PTO shafts contribute to the efficiency of agricultural operations:
1. Versatility: PTO shafts offer versatility by allowing the connection of different types of implements and machinery to tractors or other power sources. This versatility enables farmers to use a single power unit, such as a tractor, to operate multiple agricultural implements, including mowers, balers, tillers, seeders, sprayers, and more. The ability to quickly switch between various implements using a PTO shaft minimizes downtime and maximizes efficiency in agricultural operations.
2. Power Transfer: PTO shafts efficiently transfer power from the tractor’s engine to the agricultural implements. The rotating power generated by the engine is transmitted through the PTO shaft to drive the machinery connected to it. This direct power transfer eliminates the need for separate engines or motors on each implement, reducing equipment costs and maintenance requirements. PTO shafts ensure a reliable power supply, allowing agricultural operations to be carried out efficiently and effectively.
3. Increased Productivity: By utilizing PTO shafts, agricultural operations can be performed more quickly and efficiently than manual or alternative power methods. PTO-driven machinery typically operates at higher speeds and with greater power compared to human-operated or manual tools. This increased productivity allows farmers to complete tasks such as tilling, seeding, harvesting, and material handling more efficiently, reducing labor requirements and increasing overall farm productivity.
4. Time Savings: PTO shafts contribute to time savings in agricultural operations. The ability to connect and disconnect implements quickly using standardized PTO shafts allows farmers to switch between tasks rapidly. This saves time during equipment setup, as well as when transitioning between different operations in the field. Time efficiency is particularly valuable during critical farming periods, such as planting or harvesting, where timely execution is essential for optimal crop yield and quality.
5. Reduced Manual Labor: PTO shafts minimize the need for manual labor in strenuous or repetitive tasks. By harnessing the power of tractors or other prime movers, farmers can mechanize various operations that would otherwise require significant physical effort. Agricultural implements driven by PTO shafts can perform tasks such as plowing, mowing, and baling with minimal human intervention, reducing labor costs and improving overall efficiency.
6. Precision and Consistency: PTO shafts contribute to precision and consistency in agricultural operations. The consistent power supply from the PTO ensures uniform operation and performance of the connected machinery. This helps in achieving consistent seed placement, even spreading of fertilizers or chemicals, and precise cutting or harvesting of crops. Precision and consistency lead to improved crop quality, enhanced yield, and reduced waste, ultimately contributing to the overall efficiency of agricultural operations.
7. Adaptability to Various Terrain: PTO-driven machinery is highly adaptable to various types of terrain encountered in agricultural operations. Tractors equipped with PTO shafts can traverse uneven or challenging terrain, allowing implements to operate effectively on slopes, rough fields, or hilly landscapes. This adaptability ensures that farmers can efficiently manage their land, regardless of topographical challenges, enhancing operational efficiency and productivity.
8. Integration with Automation and Technology: PTO shafts can be integrated with automation and technology advancements in modern agricultural practices. Automation systems, such as precision guidance and control, can be synchronized with PTO-driven machinery to optimize operations and minimize waste. Additionally, advancements in data collection and analysis allow farmers to monitor and optimize machine performance, fuel efficiency, and productivity, further enhancing the efficiency of agricultural operations.
By providing versatility, efficient power transfer, increased productivity, time savings, reduced manual labor, precision, adaptability to terrain, and integration with automation and technology, PTO shafts significantly contribute to enhancing the efficiency of agricultural operations. They enable farmers to perform a wide range of tasks with ease, ultimately improving productivity, reducing costs, and supporting sustainable farming practices.
What is a PTO shaft and how is it used in agricultural and industrial equipment?
A power take-off (PTO) shaft is a mechanical component used in agricultural and industrial equipment to transfer power from a power source, such as an engine or motor, to another machine or implement. It is a driveline shaft that transmits rotational power and torque, allowing the connected equipment to perform various tasks. PTO shafts are commonly used in agricultural machinery, such as tractors, as well as in industrial equipment, including generators, pumps, and construction machinery. Here’s a detailed explanation of what a PTO shaft is and how it is used:
Structure and Components: A typical PTO shaft consists of a hollow metal tube with universal joints at each end. The hollow tube allows the shaft to rotate freely, while the universal joints accommodate angular misalignments between the power source and the driven equipment. The universal joints consist of a cross-shaped yoke with needle bearings, providing flexibility and allowing the transmission of power at varying angles. Some PTO shafts may also include a telescopic section to adjust the length for different equipment setups or to accommodate varying distances between the power source and the driven machine.
Power Transfer: The primary function of a PTO shaft is to transfer power and torque from the power source to the driven equipment. The power source, typically an engine or motor, drives the PTO shaft through a mechanical connection, such as a gearbox or a clutch. As the power source rotates, it transmits rotational force to the PTO shaft. The PTO shaft, in turn, transfers this rotational power and torque to the driven equipment, enabling it to perform its intended function. The torque and rotational speed transmitted through the PTO shaft depend on the power source’s characteristics and the gear ratio or clutch engagement.
Agricultural Applications: In agriculture, PTO shafts are commonly used in tractors to power various implements and attachments. The PTO shaft is connected to the tractor’s power take-off, a rotating drive shaft located at the rear of the tractor. By engaging the PTO clutch, the tractor’s engine power is transferred through the PTO shaft to the attached implements. Agricultural machinery, such as mowers, balers, tillers, sprayers, and grain augers, often rely on PTO shafts to receive power for their operation. The PTO shaft allows the implements to be powered directly by the tractor’s engine, eliminating the need for separate power sources and increasing the versatility and efficiency of agricultural operations.
Industrial Applications: PTO shafts also find extensive use in various industrial applications. Industrial equipment, such as generators, pumps, compressors, and industrial mixers, often incorporate PTO shafts to receive power from engines or electric motors. The PTO shaft connects the power source to the driven equipment, allowing it to operate and perform its intended function. In construction machinery, PTO shafts can be found in equipment like concrete mixers, hydraulic hammers, and post hole diggers, enabling the transfer of power from the machinery’s engine to the specific attachment or tool being used.
Safety Considerations: It is important to note that PTO shafts can pose safety risks if not handled properly. The rotating shaft can cause serious injuries if operators come into contact with it while it is in operation. To ensure safety, PTO shafts are often equipped with shielding or guards that cover the rotating shaft and universal joints, preventing accidental contact. It is crucial to maintain and inspect these safety features regularly to ensure their effectiveness. Additionally, operators should receive proper training on PTO shaft operation, including safe attachment and detachment procedures, as well as the use of personal protective equipment when working near PTO-driven machinery.
In summary, a PTO shaft is a mechanical component used in agricultural and industrial equipment to transmit power and torque from a power source to a driven machine or implement. It enables the direct power transfer from engines or motors to various equipment, increasing efficiency and versatility in agricultural and industrial operations. While PTO shafts offer significant benefits, operators must be aware of the associated safety considerations and take appropriate precautions to prevent accidents and injuries.
editor by CX 2023-09-27